HIRING FOR IMMEDIATE START.
Milwaukee Chamber Theatre is hiring the position of Deck Chief for the 2016-2017 YOUNG PLAYWRIGHTS FESTIVAL Showcase, which will be produced in the Studio Theatre at the Broadway Theatre Center. Load-in, tech and performances will take place May 1-May 7, 2017.
Current students, recent graduates and young professionals are encouraged to apply.
MCT is an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking a diverse pool of applicants.
Duties shall include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the stage manager during tech rehearsals by coordinating the backstage operations of three original one act scripts, performed in repertory in a black box theatre.
- Safely planning and executing scene shifts using actors as crew; managing run sheets.
- Assisting with strike immediately following the final performance.
- Self-motivated leader with a positive disposition and problem-solving abilities.
- Applicant should have backstage experience running shows on crew; preferably having been in charge of a deck as either Deck Chief or ASM for at least one show in the past.
- Reference from a professor, stage manager, production manager or equivalent.
This position pays $250.00 and is a professional credit.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Brandy Kline, Production Manager to email@example.com.